My husband is not a picky eater.
He hates carrots and doesn’t like mustard. In other words I can make almost anything and he will never complain.
His favourite meal, he claims, is sausage on a bun.
How easy is that?
Its a quick supper that takes very little time to prepare, and is really tasty and man pleasin’.
This time I made homemade Pesto Buns ( I need to make them again so I can post them!) for the Sausage on a Bun dinner, but you could totally use and hamburger bun or deli bun or even bread if you really wanted.
Our favorite way to prepare them goes like this:
1) Buy pork farmer sausage ( my personal fav)
2) BBQ sausage till nice and toasty
3) Toast buns while BBQing and slather with mayo, BBQ sauce (and sometime relish and mustard)
4) Slice BBQed sausage into chunks as thin as you like and pile a bunch on prepared bun
5) Top with gouda, cheddar or your favorite cheese.
6) Tada! dinner is served! Of course adding a salad would never be a bad thing!
Is this really a recipe? Not really. But we love it and eat it all the time and this is my blog so I can do what I want 🙂